Sleep is a vital ingredient for our mental health and wellbeing, especially when it comes to building resilience.
The benefits of sleep are numerous: it supports optimal brain function and improves our concentration ability, it helps us keep our immune system strong and our heart healthy, reduces stress, improves our energy levels and helps maintaining a positive headspace. Life is filled with endless possibilities after a good night’s sleep.
Our guest for this session, Molly Lavender from the NHS Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies, will share valuable tips for a better sleep.
We will discover:
- the nature of sleep and causes of sleep disturbance;
- how can low mood and anxiety affect sleep and what to do about it;
- how to create a sleep diary;
- practical Cognitive Behavioural Therapy tools to reduce worry and improve sleep;
- a breathing technique to support falling asleep faster;
- a meditation technique to quiet the mind before bedtime.
This free session will take place online, so make sure you have a laptop, phone or tablet with a good internet connection.