We are Rich Mix. We welcome the communities of the world in East London to create, enjoy and share culture.
Open since 2006, we are a charity connecting some of the city’s most adventurous and diverse audiences to a vital, exciting and ambitious programme of contemporary culture.
Rooted in the city but open to the world, we champion diversity in everything we do.
Our programme covers every genre imaginable – from live music, spoken word, theatre, dance, talks and visual art in our performance and exhibition spaces to independent films and blockbusters across our three-screen cinema. Through our creative engagement programmes, we develop and facilitate the creative potential of young people, families, children and wide-ranging communities from across East London.
Our diversity extends beyond our programme of events. A Shoreditch landmark, our building is home to 20+ of the city’s most socially progressive and innovative creative businesses and charities.
Everything we do is underpinned by our values:
- Open. We are open, generous, accessible and welcoming.
- Inclusive. We champion equality and diversity and strive to represent, reflect and respect different voices and perspectives.
- Collaborative. We work in partnership with artists, companies, communities both locally and internationally.
- Ambitious. We support ambitious artists and ideas in the belief that art and culture has the power to bring people together.
- Creative. We nurture all forms of creativity and we are also a creative force.
We are a charity. Every pound we make in our cinema, on our bars and through our space hire, goes straight back into supporting our work in the community and transforming lives through creativity.
- 940We worked with over 940 artists and creatives, 60% from Global Majority communities
- 27We are a home to 27 creative and charitable businesses
- 312We held 312 live events across live music, spoken word, theatre, dance, talks and exhibitions
- 1,932We held 1,932 cinema screenings including film festivals
- 74,220 We welcomed 74,220 audiences across all our programmes
- 3206We welcomed 3,206 children, families, community groups, schools, adult learners and local participants to free creative engagement sessions