Creative Lab offers a series of exciting workshops for emerging artists to discover new ways to create and remix their practice, exploring innovative approaches across performance, music, visual art, and technology.
Led by industry professionals, these workshops welcome artists from diverse backgrounds and heritages, and we highly encourage artists with East and South East Asian heritage to participate. You can take part in any number of the eight workshops running from Feb to Apr 2024. We then offer the opportunity to use Rich Mix’s spaces to create solo or group work to be showcased in a scratch performance for family and friends.
To join, secure an all-access pass for £10, granting entry to the entire programme, available for purchase in January 2024.
Kakilang will be offering 3 x £200 artists bursaries for anyone who feels that the support will help them participate in the Creative Lab programme. Info on how to apply will be available in January 2024.
Kakilang are also looking for 1 x Artist Liaison who will receive a stipend of £600 to liaise between the artists and Kakilang during the development period, where participants have the opportunity to use Rich Mix’s spaces across five days in May to create scratch solo or group work. Participants can then present this work in a private sharing event on Sat 25 May 2024. To apply, please complete this form by Sun 28 Jan.
Workshop dates and timings:
- Fri 2 Feb – Sonic Vibrations: Projection Performance & the Persuasion of Music with KV Duong and Jasmin Kent Rodgman
- Fri 9 Feb – Preserving Identity: Pickling and Song with Emma-Lee Moss and Jenny Lau
- Sun 11 Feb – Creating Chorus: Movement Play and Martial Arts with Maisy YH Luk and Yukiko Masui
- Sun 18 Feb – Playing With Reality: Puppetry and Augmented Reality with Donald Shek and Kayla Teodoro
- Fri 1 Mar – The Classic of Mountains and Seas: Visual Performance & Storytelling with Echo Morgan and Daniel York Loh
- Sun 10 Mar – Sound Stitching: Textiles Sketching & Acts of Listening with Laura Mitchison, Kim Chin and Sue Man
- Fri 5 Apr – Full-voiced; Loud-bodied: Folk Hymns & Queer Performance Vocabularies with Duane Nasis and Erin Johnson-Williams
- Sun 7 Apr – Clowns and Heroes: Crafting Characters through Archetypes and Clowning with Isabella Leung and Mark Takeshi Ota
If you have any access requirements, please contact our box office team on 020 7613 7498 or email email@example.com