Sinmi is an immersive experience, here to provide some respite following the recent traction of the Black Lives Matter movement and the current pandemic. The programme will explore the use of our five senses as a method of therapy.
‘Sinmi’ originates from the Yoruba language largely spoken in West Africa. It directly translates to ‘rest’ in English which we think is exactly what our community needs.
Brought to Rich Mix by All Purpose, an organisation created by Black women for Black people. Through their varied programme of events, they create a hub for like minds to connect, share, and feel at home.
Click on the sessions below to book (more sessions will be available to book soon):
- Sun 24 Jan – Itowo (taste) – Online/Live Cook Along
- Wed 3 Feb – E wá wo (come and watch) – Short Film Screening
- Sat 13 Feb – Fowokan (touch) – Plant Wellness Session
- Sun 28 Feb – Òórùn didun (scent) – Aromatherapist Session
- Sat 27 Mar – E wá gbo (come and listen) – Live Music Gig
These events will take place online in line with government guidelines.