You do not need to book to view this exhibition, just come along!
Artists Tony Allen and Tirzah Mileham have been developing their creative practice at the Submit to Love art studio in Haggerston for over 10 years. Our studio is home to more than 40 artists and forms part of Headway East London – a charity that supports survivors of brain injury, their families and carers in 13 boroughs across London, including Hackney. The title of this exhibition, ‘Art is Freedom’, is drawn from Tony Allen’s work which will be on display.
The exhibition in our Gallery space will also feature portraits of the artists by photographer Leon Foggitt, to highlight the people behind these artistic flights of the imagination.
Come and experience a recreation of the Submit to Love studio in The Lab – a place full of life, fun, freedom and creativity. We invite and encourage you to enjoy the atmosphere and get creative too!
This exhibition is accompanied by additional events:
- Exhibition launch on Thu 10 Nov, 6-8PM
- Join us to celebrate the launch of ‘Art is Freedom’ with the Submit to Love community. RSVP through the Headway East London website.
- ‘Art is Freedom’ Film Screening on Tue 15 Nov, 7-9PM
- Join us for a special evening of curated films made by artists in residence at Submit to Love Studios. Book your tickets here.
- Meet the artists behind the exhibition on Thu 24 Nov, 11AM-2PM
- Come and meet artists Tony Allen and Tirzah Mileham to learn more about their creative practices, the exhibited artworks and what making art means to them. Drop-in session, no RSVP required.
Image credit: Untitled, by Tirzah Mileham