We will regularly update this page. This was last updated on Wed 23 Sep.
As detailed in our reopening blog, we are looking forward to bringing you the latest mix of blockbusters and indie films that you’re used to from your local independent cinema, and we have been busy behind the scenes making sure that we can operate safely under social distancing and with increased cleaning and sanitation.
We’re confident that you will be able to enjoy films in the comfort of our iconic screens from this autumn. Please find below the health and safety measures we’re undertaking in order to reopen, as well as Frequently Asked Questions we have anticipated. Don’t forget you can also get in touch ahead of your visit if you have any other concerns by emailing email@example.com
The health and wellbeing of our staff and customers is our number one priority.
- We are following government safety guidance as well as advice from UK Cinema Association
- All customers are encouraged to book tickets, drinks and snacks online, ahead of your visit
- There will be temperature checks on arrival
- Test and Trace is in operation. You will be required to check-in to the NHS Covid-19 App upon arrival.
- Masks are to be worn at all times (entering the building, in corridors and in the screen) except when eating or drinking
- Use the hand sanitiser provided when entering the building, and wash and/or sanitise regularly during your visit
- We have increased cleaning measures across the building
- We have limited the number of screenings to help with social distancing
- There are allocated seats in the screens to ensure social distancing between different households/bubbles
- Screens have been installed at bars and at the box office/reception
- There is clear signage outside and inside the building to detailing our safety measures for customers
- All staff and team members have had in-depth health & safety training, including additional training on coronavirus
None of the air in the building is re-circulated, all of our air conditioning is fresh from outside
When will Rich Mix’s cinema screens re-open?
Our cinema will reopen on Fri 4 Sept. Look out for full details of our film listings to come.
Sign up for our monthly newsletters (scroll to footer of the page) to receive news about our cinema listings straight to your inbox.
Please be aware that all of our plans are subject to changing government advice and restrictions, as well as distributors changing film release dates.
Can I book online?
Yes please! We’re encouraging our customers to book as much of their Rich Mix visit online as possible – from cinema tickets to drinks and snacks. E-tickets will be issued when you book in advance, making your entry that bit quicker, and all pre-ordered drinks and snacks will be available to pick up when you arrive. Look out for more details of our special snack bundles too.
Is Rich Mix safe to visit?
We take the health and safety of our guests and our staff very seriously. We are following government safety guidance as well as advice from UK Cinema Association. In order to stop our building from getting too busy, we are opening with just one screen and only for two screenings a day. We have also increased cleaning throughout the building.
Before your trip
Download the NHS Covid-19 App before your visit.
- Make sure to bring a mask with you, as these must be worn when entering the building and in corridors, at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Please be prepared to have your temperature taken when you arrive. If you are showing symptoms of coronavirus (including a high temperature), you will not be admitted to our building.
- There may be some queuing outside the building – look out for red spots as your guide to queue at a safe distance.
- Please allow plenty of time before the scheduled start of your film in order to enter the building and collect any food or drink you have pre-ordered.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided. There is one as soon as you enter the building.
- Clear signage has been provided around the building.
- We have extra staff to support with social distancing and all team members have had in-depth health & safety training including additional training on coronavirus.
- Please be kind and considerate to our staff – we will always try as best we can to give all visitors as best an experience possible. We are open to constructive feedback to improve your experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments.
Do not come to visit us if you have experienced any coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days, or if you have been in contact with anyone with coronavirus, or anyone that has been isolating in the past 14 days. Please follow NHS advice.
Will there be social distancing when I get into the screen?
We have reduced the number of seats available in our screens which means you will be able to sit with up to two other members of your family or social bubble (where there is availability). Seating is in pairs or threes, with a 2 metre gap between each group.
Please note all screens and cinema seats will be thoroughly cleaned between films and private bookings.
Can I stop by for a drink before or after my film?
We are trialing a new route through The Stage (our live performance space) so that customers can relax in an environment with plenty of space and enjoy a drink at a social distance. Our bar stocks beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks from global and local favourites, as well as sweet and savoury snacks. Our team members behind the bar will have masks and be behind screens. If you have booked your drinks and snacks online please look for the “Collect Your Preorders’ sign so you don’t have to queue.
Do you have toilet facilities available?
Yes we do – these will be used one person at a time, and when you visit please wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds after using. Dry your hands with the paper towels provided.
At the Box Office
- To save time and unlock many deals on tickets, snacks and drinks it is best if you book in advance, online.
If you are booking in–person you will be asked for your name and phone number as part of the Government’s Test and Trace programme and be required to check-in to the NHS Covid-19 App. Sharing contact details with the NHS, where requested, can help to identify people who may have been exposed to the virus. The collected data will be kept securely, only be held for 21 days and will only be used where necessary.
- Our team members at the box office will be behind screens.
- Customers may book for a maximum of six at the moment. In the screen you will be sat in twos or threes, at a distance from other bookings. If you would like to sit together, the only way of ensuring this is to book our Private Screen experience (see Special Offers below).
- Tower Hamlets residents will be able to buy £6 tickets on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Pop in to Rich Mix at any time with proof of address and book your tickets.
- We are opening with 10% off for NHS workers, available with online bookings only. Just enter the code NHS10 online when booking. Please bring your NHS pass. We will charge you the difference on your ticket if you fail to show proof.
- We’re pleased to offer our smallest screen as a Private Screen experience. Up to six people from a maximum of two households will be able to enjoy the film in their own screen (usually seats 59). The total cost is £65 for the screening, with an option to purchase refreshment hampers for your trip. Please email email@example.com with ‘Private Screen Experience’ in the subject line to book for one of our scheduled screen times.
- Please see our Offers page for our year-round offers which are still running.
What happens if I develop coronavirus symptoms after booking a ticket?
If you have symptoms of coronavirus and notify us ahead of a film screening or if we need to turn you away because your temperature is too high, we will credit your account or refund you the ticket price. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
What’s happened to my Rich Mix Membership?
We have already been in touch with all of our members to let them know. We are pleased to offer a three–month extension for all of our members. Those who renew their membership with us will also get three months free, and membership discounts still apply.
Access in the building
- Lifts will be available for those who require.
- All online-only offers are claimable by phone or in-person up to an hour before a screening.
- Please contact us if you would like to be shown around our building ahead of time – we will try to accommodate you as much as possible.
- Please email any access requirements to email@example.com or call us on 020 7613 7498.
- We will have a number of bookable wheelchair spaces for each screening.
- Let us know if you need a free companion ticket. They will be sat next to you (not at a social distance).
Want to book our spaces for a private hire, function or event? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.