Be it professional or personal responsibilities, it’s all about how we respond to difficult situations so that stress doesn’t become overwhelming and affects our mental health.
Khudaija Ismail, psychological wellbeing practitioner from the NHS Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies team will offer us effective techniques, drawn from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, to manage external pressures and cope with difficult situations in a healthy manner.
We will learn:
- what is the nature of stress and its implications when going into “fight or flight” mode;
- how to become aware of the thinking patterns that contribute to building up stress;
- how to challenge negative thinking patterns;
- problem focused coping strategies and goal setting;
- emotion focused coping strategies to support creating a balanced life.
This free session will take place online, so make sure you have a laptop, phone or tablet with a good internet connection.