Free to Move: Dance Un-chained Workshop by Jeanne Bloch
Workshop for dancers and choreographers including a general introduction to blockchain and its current use by artists. We will explore dance and movement as a practice for freedom in the context of blockchain technology. Paradoxically, blockchain technology is both a tool to record all moves on a ‘technological chain’ and a technology that can help us keep ownership of our own digital identities.
Day #2 – The question of digital identities and how it relates to the freedom to move
- Low tech exploration of movement and freedom: movement as a trace, as a flow, as a direction, as a subjective proposition, as a connection
- Movement as data: are we aware? How to embody invisible data flows based on our movements?
- Digital identities in Web3 (blockchain) and why we need dancers.
Expected outcomes of workshop series:
- Get to learn and be familiarised with the NFT/Web3 environment
- Create a ‘wallet’, get NFTs
- Learn about blockchain as a tool for art production and dancers labour compensation
- Participate to a critical arts-based inquiry about freedom, movement and blockchain
- Meet like-minded artists to continue sharing and learning together about dance + blockchain