Free to Move: Dance Un-chained Workshop by Jeanne Bloch
Workshop for dancers and choreographers including a general introduction to blockchain and its current use by artists. We will explore dance and movement as a practice for freedom in the context of blockchain technology. Paradoxically, blockchain technology is both a tool to record all moves on a ‘technological chain’ and a technology that can help us keep ownership of our own digital identities.
Day #3 – We will conduct a discussion with NFTs
- We will produce and test dynamic inquiries in low tech and high tech modes, using movement, drawings, computers and a pre-set NFT framework.
Expected outcomes of workshop series:
- Get to learn and be familiarised with the NFT/Web3 environment
- Create a “wallet”, get NFTs
- Learn about blockchain as a tool for art production and dancers labour compensation
- Participate to a critical arts-based inquiry about freedom, movement and blockchain
- Meet like-minded artists to continue sharing and learning together about dance + blockchain